We carry a large selection of crushed stone that is is a versatile and is a widely used material used for many purposes. Those range from base material for pavers and bricks to dressing up areas for driving or walking to highway construction. Crushed stone grades are categorized by the size of the stone after it has been crushed.
The following types of rock are the most common used for making the stone:
- Washed gravel
Crushed stone the following are the most common names and sizes:
- Crushed stone #5 – Sizes are from 1″ down to fine particles. For road and paver base.
- Crushed stone #67 – Sizes from 3/4″ down to fine particles. For fill, road and slab base.
- Crushed stone #1 – Sizes are from 2″ to 4″. The largest of the crushed stone grades. For larger jobs such as a culvert ballast.
- Crushed stone #8 – Sizes from 3/8″ to 1/2″. For concrete and asphalt mix.
- Crushed stone #3 -Sizes from 1/2″ to 2″. For drainage and railroad projects.
- Crushed stone #10 (also called stone dust) – Screenings or dust. For fabrication of concrete blocks and pavers and for riding arenas.
- Crushed stone #57 – Sizes of about 3/4″. For concrete and asphalt mix, driveways, landscaping and French Drains.
- Crushed stone #411 – A mixture of stone dust and #57 stone. For driveways, roads and as a base for retaining walls. It can also be used to patch holes in paved areas. The dust mixes with the larger stone and settles well.